Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Say what?!

Hey guys, been a few days since my last post. Getting everything ready for our upcoming trip and the kids birthdays this week. 
 Matthew and I were decorating kylee's chocolate cake/chocolate frosting with the sixlets beads/pearls and realized just how hard not eating all the yummy goodness the kids want to eat for their birthdays will be. 
The kids each get their own cakes since they are a few days apart and then get another at grandma and grandpas ahh so much junk food. 🎂🎂🎂

Well let's get back to my reason for writing. The last few days Matt has been confronted with a few questions. Now I am not gonna say the aren't valid. They or at least some of the questions or statements make sense or it's easy to understand that point of view. The last few weeks on Matt's podcast(TerriblyDisappointing(available on iTunes) the other guys ask how he is doing on his plant based whole foods diet. On one hand to kind of motivate his but also to joke around with him when he takes a free day. 
The reason I mention this is because one of the guys(possibly both, idk I heard the conversation from Matt) commented on him eating pizza and then how Matt said he had been good. He(other guy) said that eating even 5000 calories of fruits/veggies isn't good for you(I'm assuming weight loss wise). 

This is the comment I was saying you can see the trail of logic. If you have ever been on a diet( probably even if you haven't) you have heard the you need to eat less calories to lose weight. 

It's all quite confusing because I have also read that it isn't a long term solution because our bodies can last on so few calories and if we raise our calorie allowance we will likely gain weight.

Well damn should I eat less or make sure my body can "run" properly. I can't say for sure how I am eating is "healthy". However, I am fairly certain it's healthier eating bananas and such than it was  regularly eating pizza and mc Donald's. 

As for the 5000 calories of fruit/veggies making you gain weight. I did a little math of one of my meals the other day. 

Here is one of my meals 
 Great smoothie by the way. I actually doubled this recipe for the one meal. So approximately 720 calories. Which is probably about 3 pizza slices. Which is about what I use to eat. This was one of my 5-6 meals that day and i weighed myself the next morning now I may have only lost a few ounces(not sure of exact amount) but I know I certainly didn't gain any.

.....................
The next comment was in regards to Matt's lunch(well one of them). 

Matt had gone to kfc with a coworker. Matt did not partake of the restaurant food and instead ate his pistachios and raspberries. 
While sitting with his coworker who was munching away at his chicken and mashed potatoes he told Matthew that both the raspberries and pistachios were bad for him. Having texted me if it was true(would love to know what your search turned up/thoughts) I told him I don't think so. Asked what the guy was saying was bad about the pistachios. Matt said it was kind of an in general thing. 
However Matt later said the guy mentioned good cholesterol and bad. Referencing the pistachios. 

He(other guy) said that the raspberries were no better for his than the fried chicken he was consuming. Now in general I would say that's total hogwash. However, his reasoning was pesticides. 

So that is my question to you are raspberries now better for you than fried chicken if sprayed with chemicals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment