Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pizza is my Drug

It has been a bit since I last posted on here. 
Since then we have had our ups an downs.  We went to a birthday party this last weekend for a friends kid and we decided to partake of their bbq. It was enjoyable. 
Should we have done it? Probably not, especially since, we both had stomachaches after, even with only eating a little bit of the food. 

I am now dying for the gooey cheese and the nice warm sauce. I probably seem crazy since, I baked some bread and now it is really hot in our house. 

Food addiction: 
 "Food addiction is a very serious problem and one of the main reasons some people just can’t control themselves around certain foods, no matter how hard they try

What is Food Addiction?

Food addiction is, quite simply, being addicted to junk food in the same way as drug addicts are addicted to drugs.
It involves the same areas in the brain, the same neurotransmitters and many of the symptoms are identical (1).
Food addiction is a relatively new (and controversial) term and there are no good statistics available on how common it is.
This is very similar to several other eating disorders, including binge eating disorder, bulimia, compulsive overeating and having an “unhealthy” relationship with food.
."-authoritynutrion.com

I can't remember if I told you about this time recently. It was a week or so ago, and I decided I wanted to go to Game Stop. We bought a few games, and then proceeded to the grocery store 2 doors over. Matthew and I discussed what we would be eating for dinner. 

I didn't mention that between the grocery store and Game Stop there is a pizza place. Who happens to have a monday special where the pizza are about 3.99 on Mondays. 

Anyways, so we are standing there discussing/trying to talk ourselves out of ordering pizza, and I eventually say ok lets just go home. Get away from the temptation. 

 Matthew seems to be annoyed so I say ok if you really want it lets go get it. He says no, and continues to tell me why we can't as we are walking out the door. Out the door and around the corner towards the pizza shop. I asked him where he is headed and I think he said something about to the car and I said its about 100 feet in the opposite direction. It was then that he realized he was kind of on auto pilot. 

Eek, do you deal with things like this. Does food have a power over you?

No comments:

Post a Comment